Fashionista Fashion and Beauty Industry News, Designers, Runway Shows, Style and Shopping Advice
- Sarah Burton's Final Alexander McQueen Collection Honors the House's Signaturesby Andrea Bossi on September 30, 2023 at 10:32 pm
The Spring 2024 Alexander McQueen runway show marked the end of an era. It was a final bow for Sarah Burton, who took over as creative director after Lee McQueen's death in 2010. Announcing her departure from the brand a few weeks ago, Burton reflected on her ...Continue reading
- Rei Kawakubo Presents a Kaleidoscopic Comme des Garçons Collection for Spring 2024by Andrea Bossi on September 30, 2023 at 4:53 pm
If you could analyze the DNA of Comme des Garçons, half of its helix would be intentional oddity, which is the foundation each collection's dramatically altered shapes and unexpected embellishments are built upon. After all, as Rei Kawakubo once told Dezeen, ...Continue reading
- Bad Bunny and Kendall Jenner's Relationship Is Now Immortalized in a Gucci Adby Ana Colón on September 30, 2023 at 4:15 pm
If attending the Gucci show together was a soft launch, what do we call a joint Gucci campaign? Bad Bunny and Kendall Jenner are taking their still-not-explicitly-acknowledged relationship to the next level (in fashion, at least) — while also deepening their relationship with the ...Continue reading
- Elie Saab's Downtown-Princess Aesthetic Takes a Wearable Spin for Spring 2024by Fashionista on September 30, 2023 at 3:35 pm
Elie Saab's ready-to-wear collections are a reliable feast for the eyes come Paris Fashion Week. With the famed Lebanese designer's signature downtown-princess aesthetic of sequins and chiffon, his runway shows are as glamorous as they are visually pleasant, a glimmering respite from the grind at ...Continue reading
- Hermès Just Showed Fashion's Next Luxury 'It' Pieces for Spring 2024by Fashionista on September 30, 2023 at 2:07 pm
Hermès has always been adept at both the art and science of commerce, releasing clothing and accessories that are instantly en vogue yet somehow, remain timeless across decades. The legendary Birkin and Kelly bags are the prime examples, of course, but for a more contemporary anecdote, simply ...Continue reading
Elite Daily Elite Daily is a site for and by women who are discovering the world, and themselves in the process.
- 75 Gifts Under $35 On Amazon Prime That Are Legitimately Awesomeby Veronika Kero on September 30, 2023 at 7:45 pm
Avoid a shocking credit card statement and the disappointed look on a friend’s face after receiving a boring gift by scrolling this list.
- Sephora's National Brow Day Sale Includes 30% Off Grande Cosmetics' 2 Best-Selling Productsby Marissa DeSantis on September 30, 2023 at 5:13 pm
For a limited time only, you can snag Grande Cosmetics' best-selling brow tint and brow serum for 30% off the usual retail price. Find out all the details, here.
- How Swifties Are Becoming Travis Kelce Fans Amid Taylor Swift Rumorsby Rachel Chapman on September 30, 2023 at 1:00 pm
Since Taylor Swift was spotted with Travis Kelce, Swifties are showing support by buying his jersey and doing viral TikTok challenges.
- 50 Weird Things Selling Out On Amazon Because They're So Damn Cleverby Christina Wood on September 30, 2023 at 1:00 am
Consult this list of these 50 weird things selling out on Amazon because they are so damn clever and you will find the answer to all of life’s difficult (and easy) questions.
- 13 Fall Coffee Drink Recipes To Get You Through The Seasonby Rachel Chapman, and ,Jordan Murray on September 29, 2023 at 8:18 pm
Upgrade your caffeine routine for sweater weather with one of these fall coffee drink recipes from TikTok and YouTube.
Fashion News and Trends: Designers, Models, Style Guides The best in celebrity style, the latest fashion news, and trends on and off the runway.
- The Best Fashion Instagrams of the Week: Vanessa Hudgens, Karen Elson, Kylie Jenner, and Moreby Calin Van Paris on September 30, 2023 at 2:00 pm
Fashion month was all over our feeds this week.
- The Best of Sarah Burton’s Alexander McQueen, Seen on Celebritiesby Hannah Jackson on September 30, 2023 at 2:00 pm
While she’s remained a longtime favorite of the Kate Middleton, Burton has also dressed the upper echelons of Hollywood, Beyoncé, Timothée Chalamet, Lady Gaga and Zendaya among them.
- Kaia Gerber, Sadie Sink, and More Say Goodbye to Sarah Burton at Alexander McQueenby Laia Garcia-Furtado on September 30, 2023 at 6:35 am
Ahead of her last show as creative director of Alexander McQueen, celebrities share what Sarah Burton's work has meant to them.
- Before Her Final Bow at Alexander McQueen, a Tribute to Sarah Burton and Her Extraordinary Talentby Sarah Mower on September 30, 2023 at 6:29 am
Sarah Burton is stepping down from Alexander McQueen, having led the label to spectacular heights since her mentor Lee Alexander McQueen died in 2010.
- Taylor Russell Makes Pantless Style Look Totally Effortless in Parisby Emma Spedding on September 29, 2023 at 6:12 pm
It was always just a matter of time before this rising fashion girl joined in the fun.
- Emily Ratajkowski Makes the Case for Super Slouchy Bootsby Hannah Jackson on September 29, 2023 at 4:05 pm
Perhaps the antithesis of the sleek Balenciaga pantaboot, EmRata’s Loewe boots were imbued with Johnathan Anderson’s trademark whimsy.
- This Star Facialist Wears Simone Rocha to Peel Your Mugby Liana Satenstein on September 29, 2023 at 3:33 pm
Raquel Medina-Cleghorn’s facials come with a fantasy look.
- Archetype Family: Fashion
- Other Expressions: Host, Stylist, Goddess, Diva
- Life Journey: To become comfortable in my own skin; to derive power from self-esteem rather than the clothes I wear.
- Unique Challenge: To cultivate my individuality; to form a stylistic point of view that reflects my whole being.
- Lesson To Learn: To recognize when I’m being judged superficially.
- Defining Grace: Exuberance
- Challenge To Self: I will create an authentic life that reflects my individuality and empowers me as a person.
THE FASHIONISTA: Fashionistas bring enthusiasm to any event and have a sense of occasion that adds spice to a decidedly understated world. They will always have an opinion when asked any question about style and are usually more than happy to share their glamour secrets.
THE METROSEXUAL: Metrosexuals look great everywhere they go, from small dinner parties to weddings.
THE GODDESS: Goddesses combine the power of executives and mavericks with a high glamour factor. But they also aren’t afraid to be feminine.
THE SNOB: Often using terms like “genius” for items so rare that they’re unattainable to most people, they are the shopaholics whom retailers love—and concerned spouses, parents and siblings deplore. Taken to extremes, a seemingly benign hobby like “shopping” can cause almost irreparable financial and emotional harm.